Sunday, June 14, 2009

Update...

Well, we had a makeup day for swim lessons on Friday which was good because Danny is off on Friday's and got to go with us to experience my frustration first hand. When we got there she wouldn't go in the water so Danny took her to the side of the pool to "watch" for a little while. Then he asked one of her teachers if they took kids even if they were screaming and crying and she said "all the time." So needless to say, my child was then thrown in the pool to her teacher and cried the rest of the time. The teacher was great and took her around the whole pool trying to calm her down and get her comfortable with the water. After the class we talked with the teachers and asked if we should bring her back next week and they said "Yes, she going to have to get back in the water!" So I guess we will be back on Monday.
On a side note... Danny took her to the pool at our community last night and she did wonderful. She went underwater by herself and kicked her legs and used her arms. So in my mind, I think she is just being a little turkey at swim lessons! Anyone who knows my child knows that she will only do things on "her terms", a typical princess. I don't know where she gets that from ;).....

No comments: